Running Water Pottery was established by Mark Hilliard in 1986 on the South Bank of Running Water Draw in rural Hale County, TX. The prairie land upon which the pottery is located was once the headquarters site of C.C. Slaughter’s Running Water Ranch dating to the late 1800’s. In addition to the pottery, the oldest standing building, in situ, within a 125 mile radius is located on the property. Much of the land is currently enrolled in a perpetual conservation easement program managed by Natural Resources Conservation Service and Mark, the landowner.